Refer a NEW friend for classes and you BOTH get $25 off the next session!!
Champions Gymnastics is hosting an OPEN AUDITION for competitive, pre-competitive and recreational athletes who are interested in entering our programs. No experience is necessary and all levels of competitive gymnasts are welcome !!
Cost: $10/Member or $15/Non-Member
Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Time: 5:30 PM (until approx. 6:15 PM)
Contact our front office to register! 780-440-0014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To safely instruct skills according to the CANGYM Badge Program as a progressive system of gymnastics fundamentals.
- To provide all participants with a challenging alternative to competitive programs.
- To provide all participants with an appreciation for PHYSICAL FITNESS.
- To acquire skills that can be of lifelong benefit such as self-confidence.
- To introduce gymnastics through a “Fun, Fitness, Fundamentals & CONFIDENCE” approach.
At Champions Gymnastics, there is NO COMPULSORY FUNDRAISING!
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED POLICY
If you are not completely satisfied after the first scheduled class of the session, Champions Gymnastics will give you a class refund (no questions asked)! The refund must be requested in the first 48 hours after the first scheduled class.
Champions Gymnastics provides comprehensive and progressive recreational gymnastics Programs for boys & girls. The coaching staff is dynamic and highly qualified. At CHAMPIONS GYMNASTICS, we have low student/coach ratios for maximum class quality. In many cases, we even have TWO coaches per class!
The Recreational program is fun and non-competitive. Each child works at their own skill level and are given the opportunity to experience a wide variety of gymnastics skills in a safe, positive & fun learning environment !
BY PHONE: With Visa or MasterCard
IN PERSON: We accept cash, debit, Visa & MasterCard. We do not accept American Express.
Payment must be made in full at the time of registration to insure a spot in a class.
Spots are NOT held without payment in full.
* YOU CAN REGISTER MID-SESSION BECAUSE CHAMPIONS GYMNASTICS PRO-RATES CLASS COSTS
All class costs can be found in the ‘Schedule of Classes’ Download available at the TOP of this page as well as on the HOME page. All new members must also pay a $47.62 yearly membership fee (+ G.S.T.)= $50.00. This “once-per-year” fee partially goes towards each member’s registration to the Alberta Gymnastics Federation (A.G.F.) and to Champions Gymnastics and provides each member with insurance. It is valid from July 1st to June 30th of each year. More information and insurance policy details are available by contacting us at Champions Gymnastics or by contacting the Alberta Gymnastics Federation
In the event a member misses a class due to no fault of Champions Gymnastics Inc, a make-up class may be possible but not guaranteed. To attempt to schedule a make-up class, please contact the office as of Week # 4, and we will see if a make-up class is possible. Make-up classes will only take place in week # 7. All make-up classes must be made up during the same session as the one in which they were missed. If a child arrives fifteen (15) minutes or more after the beginning of his/her class, he/she will not be admitted into the gym.
In the event where Champions Gymnastics Inc. is responsible for a missed/canceled class, a make-up will be scheduled; however, in the event a make-up cannot be scheduled, the member shall be issued a credit note (applicable to other sessions or products redeemable at Champions Gymnastics Inc) or a refund for the portion missed.
Champions Gymnastics also takes part in a program called KidSport Edmonton. KidSport is a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance for registration fees and equipment to kids aged 18 and under. Through a confidential application process, they provide grants so kids are able to play a season of a sport. Nationally, KidSport is comprised of a network of 11 provincial/territorial KidSport chapters and over 178 community KidSport chapters. Since it’s creation in 1993, more than 530,000 kids across the country have been given the chance to play sport through KidSport grants and sport introduction programming.
Champions Gymnastics in 2016 had 25 kids who received a total of $5,221.00 in financial aid to go towards registration in our gymnastics programs.
KidSport believes that no kid should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport. Champions Gymnastics is a proud supporter of kids in sport and will continue to be a part of this amazing program.
*STAY-AT-HOME PARENTS SUPPORT PROGRAM (Alberta Government)
Eligible stay-at-home parents may qualify for a new subsidy of up to $ 100.00 per month (to a maximum of $ 1,200.00 per year per child), for each pre-school age child who is participating in an approved early childhood development program. This program has been available since January 1, 2006. Approved early childhood development programs (such as Champions Gymnastics Inc.) refer to community-based services, including licensed nursery schools that provide opportunities for pre-school children – either on their own or with a parent – to participate in activities that promote healthy child development.
ELIGIBILITY* At least one parent stays at home to care for pre-school age children and does not work or go to school for more than 20 hours per week.
* Children are of preschool age (six years and under) and not yet attending Grade 1 (For complete program criteria, information and application forms, please go to:www.child.gov.ab.ca/childcaresubsidy You can also call the Parent Information Line at 1-866-714-KIDS (5437).
Dress Code By Class Type
Shorts & T-Shirt OR Bodysuit
Parent & Tot Intro
Parent & Tot
Parent & Tot Advanced
Youth Tramp & Tumbling
Teen Tramp & Tumbling
Dress Code By Class Type
Bodysuit Required (for female athletes)
SuperTykes 1.5 Hr
SuperTots 2 Hr
Dress Code By Class Type
Tank Top & Shorts
SuperDudes 2 Hr
Dress Code By Class Type
Mandatory Champions Gymnastics Bodysuit (for female athletes)
TEAM 1 – 3
Check out our NEW Traverse Wall!
NEW : For Parent & Tot Classes
Alberta Wide Insurance Sanctioned Directive :
NO (siblings) BABIES IN SLINGS/CARSEATS
Moving forward, Champions will be enforcing this new insurance directive for the safety & liability of all participants.
Our Solution :
If you have no other viable option than to bring your baby along with you to a Parented Class, then you can pay $25 to purchase ONLY the AGF insurance to cover the baby. (this is NOT a Champions Gymnastics Membership) You will receive a special AGF insurance card that you will have to show to your coach to prove that the baby is insured.
Please come see our office staff in person if you have further questions and we would be happy to help.
Report Card System
* Each child registered in the Recreational Program gets a written Report Card at the end of each session. This Report Card is given to each child at the end of his/her last class or held at the Front Office for pick-up if a child missed the last class.
* Our data base also keeps track of the level achieved by each child and of the recommended level for the next session. In order to successfully pass a Badge Level, 8 to 12 Key Skills must be achieved at each level. Those Key Skills appear in shaded boxes on the Report Card and are easy to identify. The skills that are not highlighted will be taught but will not be evaluated. If you have any questions in regards to the new report cards, please talk to your child’s coach or contact the Front Office at 780-440-0014.
Each Report Card rates the progress of each child in the following manner : Learning (L) or Mastered (√).
“Learning (L)” means that the child is able to perform the skill with reasonable ease and without a spot, while having to yet perfect some aspects of the skill.
“Mastered (√)” means that she/he has kicked it up a notch and that she/he excels at the performance of the same skill….she/he can combine it with others and has passed the stage of simply doing the skill. Elements of form are more obvious (completely straight legs for example). In a pure gymnastics sense, the execution deductions are considered minimal, if not nonexistent.
* Each child registered in the Pre-school program also gets a written Report Card at the end of each session. The 3 to 5 year olds are assessed by level; there are four (4) different sub-levels within the Pre-school program. In order to successfully move from one Level to the next, Key Skills/Tasks must be achieved at each level. The Key Skills in question are shaded on the Report Card and are easy to identify.
* At first, the content is focused on general motor tasks. It progressively develops into more specific gymnastics skills by the fourth level. The Report card allows the parent to best assess their child’s progress. A class recommendation for each child is made by the Coach. This recommendation appears on the front part of the Report Card.
* This recommendation states at which level the child should register in the following session. It is understood that if a child takes a prolonged vacation from gymnastics, the recommendation may no longer be valid, as skills may have been lost during that time.
* The Report Card should be brought back by the member at the time of Registration. This allows Champions Gymnastics to confirm our records and to make sure that each child is registered in the proper level. Each child has a file which records their past and recommended levels. Because our sessions are 8 weeks long, you should expect progress from one level to another to usually require a few sessions.
* The rate of progress also varies greatly from child to child. We have instructed our coaches to mark the Report Cards fairly, and in a way that properly reflects the actual level of the child.
* Basics are very important in gymnastics and so is safety. We believe that REAL self-esteem is built with an honest approach to each child’s progress.
* Please keep in mind that different clubs rate the skills differently and that complete uniformity cannot be expected. If anything, Champions Gymnastics will grade your child slightly more strictly.